I have nothing but good things to say about Rebecca and her shop. I would totally recommend her soap to anyone, she sells goats milk, sea salt, and VEGAN SOAPS! I am a total animal lover, so when the fact that she sells vegan products totally appeals to me. And vegan or not, they smell great! Oh, and her soaps also happen to be great for dry skin and eczema. Since it's summer I don't really have any dry skin trouble, but I do have eczema - though it shows up rarely, and I think more often in the winter, it's nice to know that her soap not only smells great, but also has benefits for my skin! But that's enough boasting about how great her shop is, and on to what I ordered from her. . .
- Falling for You - cocoa butter and shea, cold process VEGAN soap - A light scent. The word "delicate" comes to mind. According to her page: "an alluring blend of Lemon Peel, Vanilla, Musk, and Mandarin." Sounds about right! Not overpowering, which is always a concern for me when ordering scented products online. She also says it is great as a facial bar, or an all-over soap, which I could totally see why this would make a great facial soap bar. I have used facial scrubs for years, and have only used body washes, not bar soaps for too long to remember now- but, this is definitely something that could change that. Also, according to feedback from one customer, it is also great as a shampoo bar. Plus, my boyfriend who tends to like Old Spice and Axe, typically mens bath product scents, loved this one, just to give you an idea that it's not an overtly feminine smell by any means; could definitely be a unisex product.
3. Lemon and Poppyseed cold process soap, ALL NATURAL. VEGAN - Like lemon poppy seed muffins? Of course you do! Who doesn't. This soap is scented like a fresh, tasty batch of those muffins. Only in this case, you get to have a nice, clean lemon scent and the poppy seeds exfoliate your skin!
4. Red Velvet Cake, shea butter and goat's milk cold process soap - "My handmade Red Velvet Cake Goat Milk and Shea Butter Soap is a delicious combination of dark chocolate, strawberry syrup, and red currant, cocoa powder, sugar cane and vanilla." The name and description sold me on this one. I am totally a fan of red velvet cake...Well, I am a fan of cake..Okay, a fan of confections in general. I LIKE SWEETS. lol But here was my concern with this one before I order it - I must admit, I was worried when I saw dark chocolate and cocoa powder as notes. Simply because every time, except for maybe one or two ever, that I have seen ANYTHING supposed chocolate scented it would only smell NOTHING like chocolate, but it would usually make me feel sick. I can't quite describe the smell those prodcuts would have, but they were always bad, so now I tend to veer away from them. And I know that's a problem quite a few of my friends and other people I've run into have had, so they don't go for chocolate scents either- not because they don't like chocolate, but because they don't like the weird faux-chocolate, off-putting, kind-of-like-dirt-but-more-metallic smell. lol
BUT FEAR NOT! THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN THIS TASTY, RED VELVET SOAP! Though, I didn't immediately think of chocolate when I smelled this soap. It definitely smells sweet and cake-like, but like her other products not at all overpowering. As in, you wouldn't get a tooth ache from smelling this.
So that's what I ordered....but that is not all! Yes, the lovely Rebecca also included 3 samples!
She included a...
- Lemon Lavender cold process she butter soap - My boyfriend wants this one. Badly. lol As he put it, "It smells like health food store. I want it." Lavender can be a really heavy off putting scent in some instances, or a really relaxing, light scent. In this case, it's the latter. Not too strong, just right. Worth buying, if you like lavender, lemon, or calming scents.
- Natural Patchouli shea butter cold process soap, ALL NATURAL - I love patchouli, but in most cases it is a STRONG smell. Typically if you walk into a room wearing patchouli, everyone will know it. From across the room. In this case, the soap stays true to the smell of patchouli (as it is made with 100% natural patchouli essential oil), but it is not overpowering. Patchouli lovers and hippies rejoice!
- Red Velvet Cake goat milk lotion - I had told her after ordering my soaps that I wished I could have ordered a bottle of her red velvet cake, but that I only saw it in $20 full-size bottles. And I wished she had samples of it available, because I didn't want to buy that then not be able to try as many soaps and scents. She was kind enough to include a VERY generous 2 oz. sample of this lotion in with my order - which I am very thankful for. It will last me a while for sure. It smells just like a sweet, cake confection. But I love it most because I can't smell it from 10 ft. away, it's a perfectly light sweetness. Just as any fragrance should be. Not greasy, perfect. Everything you would want in a lotion. I put a bit on my hands this afternoon, they still feel moisturized and smell just like red velvet cake.
My Soap Deli swag:
Just in case this post didn't give you an idea of how great her products and service are, check out her Etsy feedback- she has 2632 sales! Of that she has received ZERO negative feedback, ONE neutral feedback, and 2460 positive feedback. I rest my case.
HERE ARE ALL OF HER LINKS:
SOAP DELI SHOP
Soap Deli Blog
Soap Deli Twitter
Soap Deli Facebook